Saturday 18 April 2015

NO! : How Often Do You Use This Word?




Our words are powerful. Each word has a strong energy attached to it. And nothing is quite as strong as the simple two letter word –NO!

Do a quick reckoning of just how many times you use this word in a single day. When I was asked to actually keep track of the sheer number of times I use this word, I never thought my count would be very high. I am usually a very positive person, but I was astounded at the number of times I said the word no, or any of its variants in a different language, throughout the day.

Think about it, a friend relates an amusing story and you say, “No! Really? You did that?”
You miss the bus and instantly curse out loud, “Oh! No!”
Your mother asks you on the phone if you will be coming to a cousin’s wedding next week, “No, no, no. I don’t have leave,” you respond.
A car manages to splash water from a road side puddle on you and you shout out in horror, “No!”

As you begin to focus on your language and record the number of times you say the word “No” you will be surprised at the number of times you say it. What you do not understand is that by repeating this word ever so often, you signal to the universe that you prefer vibrating at the frequency of No rather than to the frequency of Yes.

In order words, you are happier avoiding whatever the flow of life will bring to you rather than embracing it. Changing the way we speak can actually make us become more positive in life. The next time you want to say the word No, think about it for a second. Can you perhaps replace it with another word which may be more appropriate under the circumstances?

For instance in the situations mentioned earlier, you could say, “It is difficult for me to imagine that you did that.” Or “I am going to be late if the next bus doesn’t come quickly.” You could say to your mother, “I would enjoy attending the wedding, but there is too much work in the office right now and I doubt that my boss will sanction my leave.” And while you are bound to be upset when someone splashes you on the road, try not to curse but take it in your stride. You get the idea.

Do this simple exercise

Take a guess as to the number of times you say this word each day. Now keep track of all the times you say” No” for a single day. Get the actual number and compare it with what you thought you would say. Is it higher? Then you need to work on improving the vocabulary you use by including more positive energy associated words with it. If it is lower, are you sure you counted correctly? If you are a positive person already, consider this just another reminder to ensure that you stick with high energy words in your speech.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home