Sunday 22 February 2015

Systematic Overhauling of Your Thoughts to Heal Your Life

There are a set of beliefs that you are indoctrinated in as a child. While many of these thoughts have played an important role in making you what you are today, some of them may be barriers to helping you live the life you wish to live. By using the power of divine wisdom that all of us can tap in to through affirmations, you can truly heal your body and life. The Heal Your Life workshops that Louise L. Hay has designed help you do this systematic overhauling of your thought patterns with great ease.

What if you have not had an opportunity to attend a Love Yourself, Heal Your Life workshop with the Rainbow Lightworkers as yet? You can still take a few simple steps to put yourself on the right path to self transformation. Here we discuss simple yet powerful tools that you can employ to change the way you think. As Louise often says, our thoughts create our future. So by changing our thoughts we will be able to change our future. In order to do this the first thing we need to be aware of is the thoughts we think subconsciously.

Become Aware of Your Self-Talk

There are certain things that you tell yourself in your mind which you are unaware of. For instance you see an extreme sporting event such as bungee jumping and your mind tells you, “I could never do this, it’s too dangerous.” You look at a particularly bold lipstick colour and think, “This would never suit me, I’m not fair enough.” Perhaps you want to ask your boss for a raise but then your mind says, “What if he decides I’m not worth what he’s paying me now? I might lose my job.”

These kinds of limiting thoughts originate from a negative thought pattern that has been drilled into you since childhood. They do not reflect your actual ability to act, but rather a perception of your parents or teachers on your potential. You have got so used to the limits that they imposed on you that you never think to question them. Now write down your own self-talk for 7 to 10 days. Each time a thought comes to your mind, juts write it down without being judgmental. This record will show you what the deeper problem to address is.

Switch to Positive Self-Talk

Your self-confidence, self-esteem and self-image all have their root in your self-talk. If you can change your self-talk from limiting thoughts to encouraging ones, you will notice a substantial difference in all aspects of your life. For each of the limiting thoughts that you recorded over the last few days write a positive and encouraging replacement.

So for “I could never do this, it’s too dangerous.”
You could tell yourself, “I should try this once. They have a great safety record.”
For “This would never suit me, I’m not fair enough.”
You may think, “Let me get a small sample. I can always give it away if I don’t like it.”
Then for “What if he decides I’m not worth what he’s paying me now? I might lose my job.”
You should think, “I do a good job and am a valuable employee. It is in my boss’s interest to look after me by paying me what I deserve.”

Fall Back on Affirmations

If you are not sure how to replace your individual self-talk sentences, pick a single positive statement that you can fall back on when you find yourself thinking a negative or limiting thought. Here is a good one from Louise Hay “I am perfect, whole, and complete, just as I am.”

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home