Saturday 29 November 2014

Afformations Vs Affirmations



While I was browsing through some truly inspirational articles on the international “Heal Your Life” website I came across an article written by Noah St. John that caught my eye. It was titled, Turn Your Life Around with These Afformations. At first I thought that the last word was a misspelling, but when I clicked through to the webpage and began to read the article I was quickly rid of such a notion.  Afformations are something altogether different from affirmations.

What’s the difference?

We all know that an affirmation is a positive statement about what you wish to achieve in life. It could be something as simple as “Only the best comes to me!” or something as well defined as “In this moment I choose to belive that I deserve a wonderful life. I lovingly notice any limiting thoughts and gently weed them from my inner garden. I choose positive, nurturing thought patterns for myself.” This is the affirmation from the end of the first chapter in the book Ordering From the Cosmic Kitchen written by Dr Patricia J Crane, International Heal Your Life Trainer.

When Noah St. John began working with affirmations he was not too sure that he could expect them to come true. There was a shadow of doubt so strong that it was counterproductive to making his affirmations come true. So he turned his affirmations into affirmations. Now what does an afformation mean? It simply transforms an affirmation into a question and our mind is wired to seek answers to questions. For instance instead of using the affirmation “Only the best comes to me” and doubting if it ever will, you use the afformation “Why do I attract all good things today?”

How does it work?

Now suddenly you’ve gone from being doubtful about your affirmation working, to finding reasons for your afformation to be true! There are any number of reasons why you will attract all good things to yourself and now your brain is busy thinking of them. This eliminates doubts and makes the abundance flow right into your life. In this manner you can use an afformation to block out any doubts that arise when you create an affirmation. Your mind is what makes the biggest difference in accepting that you can change things in your life.

Every situation you find yourself in is just a situation, but it is the way you think that makes it a good situation or a bad one.  If you miss your regular bus in the morning, you could think it was a terrible thing as you will be reaching late. This would make it a bad situation. Or else you could think, now that you are a few minutes late you will be traveling in a bus that is not as crowded and this could make it a good situation. Your opinion and attitude is what makes a situation good or bad, and using affirmations forces you to confront potential problems and solve them in a beneficial manner. 

So go ahead and form your own afformations in a private Heal Your Life Workshop. Here are some that can get you started, “Why am I delighted with everything around me?” or “How do I know that I am safe to follow my life purpose?”

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home