Tuesday 6 January 2015

Heal Your Relationships to Heal Your Life




If the thought of a person bothers you, your relationship with that person is in need of healing. Depending on the intensity of your emotions, your sub conscious self is asking for intervention. It could be someone you meet every day, who irritates you no end. It may also be someone whom you have not spoken to in many years. The reasons for the rift are not important, what makes a difference is that you need to heal that relationship in order for your own self to be healed, peaceful and content. 

How do you begin to heal your relationships?
Identify the triggers.

A simple exercise that you can do is to write down all the things you feel when you think about that person.  You should start each sentence with the words “I feel…” then go on to describe the various emotions you feel when that person says or does something. 

For instance “I feel annoyed when you rearrange my books as per author, because I prefer to have them arranged as per genre.” Or “I feel irritated when you do not put the wet towel out to dry after your bath.” Or “I feel unloved when you criticize me in front of my friends.” Or “I feel exasperated when you ask for my opinion and then do the exact opposite of what I suggested.

There will be more than one emotion that bothers you and you should make a note of all of them. You can add more sentences later when they occur to you, so don’t worry if you don’t get them all in the first shot. 

Move on to healing.
Start with forgiveness. 

The mere fact that the relationship is tearing a hole in the fabric of your life means that you associate strong, negative emotions with this person. These emotions are what you need to deal with and release into a blanket of forgiveness. 

Read each statement that you made in your list, and make an affirmation to release the negative emotions associated with the situation and the person. An affirmation is a positive statement that allows your emotions to be released and the situation to be healed. You can make a single sentence your affirmation or choose a collection of them that sound right to you.

For instance here is a combination of various affirmations found in Louise Hay’s book, “Heal Your Body” “I am creating room for lots of love in this relationship. I am free of all irritations and annoyances and feel calm and loving. I forgive myself and (insert the person’s name here) for the past. My mind is cleansed and free to move into the new improved reality of our relationship.”

You can create an affirmation of your own or use this one. Just make sure that you say this affirmation to yourself every single day a minimum of fifty times. Does that seem like too many times? It should not take you more than seven to ten minutes to do so. Surely you can spend that much time to work on healing your relationship? The choice to lead a better life is in your hands.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home