Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Open Secret : Giving to Receive

When you want something, you should just give it away!

The Law of Giving is just as huge as the Law of Attraction, and anyone who is manifesting success and abundance is well aware of how this works. Unfortunately most people new to manifesting just don’t understand how you can get more of anything when you give it away.

How can giving away money bring you more money? Sounds crazy! Even I thought so merely a couple of years ago. However I was looking at manifesting abundance with a critical eye, rather like a scientist wanting to conduct an experiment. I thought about the one thing that I always want in abundance and am usually spending a huge chunk of cash on – Books. I decided to start giving away books that I enjoyed as gifts to my friends, family members and even strangers who I met while travelling.

I would read the book and instead of saving it in my home library, I would think of the one person who would enjoy it and give it to them. I even posted books to friends who were not in the same city. Guess what happened? I started getting books back. People started presenting them to me on special occasions, and I didn’t need to spend as much on my reading as I used to. Mysteries, romances, and comics began to abound in my home.

Then I realized that I wanted more books on spirituality and self improvement. An aunt of mine was shifting homes and decided she wanted to give away her books on spirituality. I actually got more than a hundred books from her. I quickly figured out that keeping them all was not going to be possible and picked up what I wanted and returned the rest to her. I still have a few left to read from that bundle when I decided that if I was going to manifest books, they would now have to come with storage options.

Strangely enough that month my husband gifted me with a smartphone and I began using the Kindle and Kobo apps to read eBooks online. No storage required with instant retrieval everywhere. Just for fun I started leaving reviews on Amazon for the Kindle eBooks I read. That brought me to the notice of a number of Indie authors. These authors publish their books independent of big publishing houses and promote them online. I joined a couple of their advance review teams and suddenly I have more books landing in my inbox than I have time to read. And it all began with me giving away books.


Since then I put the Law of Giving to test in a couple of other manifestations and while those experiments have not been running quite as long and successfully as the one with books, I am happy to say that the returns have been interesting. Perhaps the Law of Attraction works much better when you supplement it with the universal principle of giving what you wish to receive. Maybe you need to check out a field you wish to create abundance in and implement the principle of giving.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home